Have you been repeating the same pattern with your spouse or partner? Are you frustrated with your past becoming part of your present? Are you “just ready” to move forward from your trauma but need help getting there? As a student counselor, I would be happy to help you rediscover yourself, reclaim your confidence, build resiliency and skills, find connections with loved ones, and gain independence. By taking your first step to start your counseling journey to healing, you are already changing your narrative. This therapeutic space is an environment that fosters openness, mindfulness, and trust. In our sessions, you will be welcomed with open arms, fully heard, and validated for being the incredible person you are despite your tribulations. I look forward to helping you to discover yourself, find the courage and strength to overcome obstacles, and successfully become independent.
Areas of Focus:
- Child and Adolescent Counseling (Ages 3+)
- Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling
- Relationshiop Issues
- Family Dynamics
- Childhood Trauma
- Grief and Loss
- Stress / Burnout
- Life Transitions
- Health Concerns and Recovery
- Coping Skills
About Nadine Vitenas:
As a student counselor, my passion is to help my clients overcome their childhood traumas, break unhealthy cycles and patterns, create positive and healthy relationships in their lives. Helping couples to rediscover their connection for each other, form healthy attachments, and most importantly to rediscover themselves.
I am currently pursuing a Dual Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling. My background is in psychology, holism, spirituality, and mindfulness. I have worked alongside several excellent counselors and gained much knowledge from their lessons and training. I held a research position where I was trained on forgiveness, peace studies, secular ethics, compassion, trauma, conflict transformation, and recidivism. I transcribed a novel about forgiveness related to the conflict of the Partition of Ireland and one man’s journey to forgiveness and reconciliation.
In my free time, I enjoy spending quality time with my loved ones, traveling, reading psychology books, practicing photography, camping, kayaking, rock climbing, practicing relaxation yoga, and walking along the levee.
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- In My Wildest Dreams: Living the Life You Long For by Gail Blanke
- Be the MIracle: 50 Lessons for Making the Impossible Possible by Regina Brett
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence by Rick Hanson PhD
- LIttle Book of Conflict Transformation: Clear Articulation of the Guiding Principles By A Pioneer In The Field (Little Books of Justice & Peacebuilding) by John Lederach
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Converstations for a Lifetime of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
Although we are unapologetically Christian in our approach to counseling, we welcome clients from all (or no) faith backgrounds. We work respectfully with you according to your wishes about how to incorporate or not incorporate faith beliefs into your counseling process.