Restoration Counseling – New Orleans, LA
Student Internship Position
Based in the Mid-city area of New Orleans, Restoration Counseling is a private Christian counseling center whose goal is to work holistically with individuals, couples, and families. Our approach is collaborative, utilizing both Biblical and evidence based models and techniques.
Restoration is looking to hire a part time Professional Student Intern (PSI) starting for the Spring semester 2019. On average the PSI will see an average of 7 clients a week. Weekly individual supervision will be provided by Restoration’s Assistant Clinical Director.
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Enrollment in a college or university in order to pursue a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or similar counseling program
- Currently eligible to enter Practicum and/or Internship coursework
- Ability to provide exceptional client care via:
- Completion of required clinical paperwork for each client
- Adherence to the current Ethical codes of the Louisiana Board of Counselors, American Psychological Association, and the American Association of Christian Counselors
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Ability to comfortably sit for an extended period of time
- Available to work at least 1 day and evening a week
- Commitment of at least 1 year to Restoration.
Benefits of working at Restoration Counseling:
- A first hand look at running a private Christian counseling practice
- 1 counseling resource per month under $15
- 1 paid conference fee per year
- Monthly training and/or educational opportunities with staff members of Restoration
- Beautifully furnished office space with wifi
- Great learning atmosphere
- Friendly, like-minded professional colleagues
About Restoration Counseling
Restoration was founded in 2008 by Dr. Ashley Brooks, LMFT, LPC-S. Dr. Brooks’ goal was to provide a Christian counseling practice that esteemed Biblical principles and maintained professional integrity by utilizing evidenced based therapies and theories in order to provide the client with a wholistic treatment plan. With a strong commitment to client empowerment and quality counseling services, Restoration Counseling is growing from an “out of the home” establishment to a thriving non-profit, garnering the respect of local churches and businesses in the area.
Please send a cover letter along with your completed application to:
Attn: Sally Smith
3300 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
You can also drop off the application or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due by Monday November 26th.