According to the National Institute of Mental Health in the year 2014:
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death of 10 - 34 year olds.
- It’s the 4th leading cause of death of 35- 54 year olds.
- 4 million adults had serious thoughts of committing suicide.
- 7 million adults made suicide plans.
- 1 million adults attempted suicide.
How To Help
One of our goals is to help dispel fear and equip the body of Christ with tools and skills to move towards the hurt and messiness in people’s lives. As a result of this goal, we are sponsoring a Suicide Intervention Training on Friday, October 28th, from 9:00 am to 12pm. There are things you can do to help save a person’s life. And, these things do not require extensive training.
Chaplain Page Brooks, Ph.D. Read his bio here.
Friday, October 28, 2016
Registration: 8:30 am, Training: 9:00 - noon
Parlor Room at Canal St. Church, 4302 Canal St., New Orleans
From this Training Learn:
• To Determine the Level of Risk
• How to Appropriately Intervene
• About Available Resources